Platinum Dunes' Brad Fuller Offers Insight Into 3D, Found Footage, And Reboot Script.
Last month it was announced at a CineEurope event by a Paramount executive that the newest Friday The 13th film would be presented in 3D. That kicked off rampant joy as well as speculation that the long rumored Found Footage angle on the film was being ditched for more eye popping enjoyment. While our readers patiently wait for news on the rebooted film as well as the new Television Show, Bloody Disgusting caught up with Producer Brad Fuller to discuss Platinum Dunes' upcoming projects and he was asked about the status of the Friday The 13th reboot.
“I can’t make any determination about found footage or 3D until we have a story that we all agree on and that we all like. The story is the most important thing and the way you tell the story, to me, is secondary. We have some writers writing but, because we don’t have a script that everyone has signed off on, I can’t speak to how the story is meant to be told. All of those things have been considered. But no decisions have been made. We don’t know what story is being told.”
It was also confirmed that David Bruckner is indeed attached to direct the film, which to our knowledge, is the first time he has been actually confirmed to be on the project by either Paramount or Platinum Dunes. That's great news and we look forward to them getting a script hammered out soon so we can see Jason Voorhees (we hope) on the big screen once again.
It is strange, though, that Paramount is promoting the film as 3D, but Fuller would not commit to it yet, at least not publicly.
Source: Bloody Disgusting